Within the framework of a team-building meeting, the colleagues who are not working on the construction sites could also see the wonderful final result in the buildings of the Riding Hall and the Royal Guard and in the interiors of the former Buda Civic Casino, now the Sándor Márai Cultural Centre.
In both projects, the project manager responsible for the renovation led the colleagues around, sharing a lot of interesting information about the structure of the building, the use of materials, the difficulties that had arisen and, finally, the successful completion.
The visit to the buildings ended with a pleasant dinner at the Royal Guard Cafe.
The building of the Riding Hall and the Royal Guard, renovated in the consortium of the West Hungária Bau Kft. and the LAKI Épületszobrász Zrt., has arrived in the phase where the paving was already completed so great photos could have been taken of the finished works.
After a year of out caused by the pandemic, we held this year's Lakinap event on 25 September 2021, on Saturday, on which - as a tradition - the Food-truck kitchen provided the catering. Nearly 100 children could test themselves in Rodeo bull and table tennis tournaments, where winners were born in several categories. Those winning the first, second and the third places, received Decathlon vouchers and medals.
In the adult table tennis and human table football championships, the colleagues and their family members could take home money prize.
To support BYC youth sailing, the Sailing Cup of "Építők" was organized again on 17 September 2021. The all-day, pleasant event took place with a more crowded field and, more importantly, with a larger financial amount of support than ever before.
We congratulate Judit Bodó, the 15th Winemaker of Winemakers, Gábor Botond Bányai, the Friend of the Winemakers and Réka Emese Takács, the Future Winemaker scholar!
On the occasion of the round anniversary of the recognition, an album was also made, presenting the best winemakers of this 15 years.
The award was founded by Pál Rókusfalvy in 2007 in Etyek, for the 50 best winemakers of the Carpathian Basin. The winemakers themselves nominate and choose a winner. In 2021, Judit Bodó was awarded, so now her name shines on the Stars' Promenade in Budapest, in the Zrínyi Street. A star will be placed here in the pedestal monument in honour of each Winemaker of the Winemakers.
According to a recent initiative, the winners will receive a star not only in the capital but also their own wine regions.
The building is home to a new centre that can invite and host world-leading professors in Budapest.
One of the iconic corner buildings of the Buda Castle District was standing empty for a long time, and its condition was deteriorating rapidly. The building with old traditions, was once owned by the military treasury, it was once presumably a parish, an apartment building for civil servants, a hiding place during World War II, and also served as the protection for the values of the Hungarian National Bank.
The architect Miklós Oroszlány told on the spot that several eras can be distinguished, which significantly determined the current appearance of the building. “One of them is the late Baroque period when the historic building was formed, but due to its adversity, very few memories are left. Another significant period is the 1939-40s. The house underwent a major renovation: the basement entrance was renovated, widened and thy had the water laid on,” the architect explained.
The architect also talked about the fact that in the war the house was bombed almost to its ground floor, then during the reconstruction its architecture was simplified and then flats were built inside. “When we started working on it, there were two principles. One of them was that the part of Úri Street, which had photographic documentation, should be restored with late Baroque sections and stone-framed windows. Few photos have survived about the side that can be seen from the promenade, it has been rebuilt many times, the aim here was to show the imprint of different ages,” he added.
As a result of the multiannual preparation and a two-year reconstruction, the building will provide an educational and scientific function that will give place to the diverse activity of the PADME, furthermore, a new scientific centre focusing on sustainability will begin its operation.
In the first days of May, the Senate of the Neumann János University approved the establishment of Centre for Long-Term Sustainability which launches a special research and scholarship program in cooperation with its academic and professional partners. In addition, the renovated building will also be home to community activities.
"We would like to make the building available to everyone. We are going to organize building-tours and children programs around the statue and we will keep book launches upstairs every week, "Tamás Bánkuty explained to our journal.
The renovation of the monumental building of international significance, which was also recognized with the ICOMOS award, was realized from HUF 3.2 billion.
The completely renovated Rumbach Sebestyén Street Synagogue in Budapest was handed over. The building, which was inaugurated in 1872 and has been ruined since World War II, was renovated in four years with a government support of HUF 3.2 billion.
In his greeting, Katalin Novák, Minister without Portfolio for Families, said that it was an honourable task to save a building from decay, but that it not the only reason why the government supported the renovation. More importantly, they hope life will move within these walls. The Minister wanted the Jewish communities in Hungary not only to live freely and safely in Hungary, but also to flourish the religious and cultural tradition which was part of the cultural wealth of Budapest and the country before the tragedy of the Holocaust.
András Heisler, President of the Federation of Jewish Communities in Hungary (Mazsihisz), thanked the builders for their work and the government for its support. He said, thanks to them, after more than 70 years of adversity, such a multifunctional space has been created where the prayers and ancient melodies of the community can be heard again, where an opportunity for the development of the Jewish community can be provided and there is a space for "fantastic cultural, cultural and touristic" events. He recalled that their predecessors had built three synagogues in different styles in the area, thus creating the so-called Jewish triangle between the Dohány Street, Rumbach Sebestyén Street and Kazinczy Street. As he mentioned, although members of the community know exactly how these synagogues are different from each other, the part of the city referred to as the Jewish Quarter still "forms a unified fabric." "For us, the diversity of the Jewish community is a basic value," the existence and acceptance of coexisting traditions within Hungarian Jewry "is not a recent fad of Mazsihisz," said András Heisler.
Ronald S. Lauder, president of the World Jewish Congress, said most states has been afraid to stand up for the Jewish people regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict recently. Hungary was one of the few states that had the courage to do so, he stressed, adding that the Jewish community around the world was grateful for this step. Yakov Hadas-Handelsman, Israel's ambassador of Budapest called the renovated building breath-taking and heavenly. The synagogue is 150 years old, he noted, noting that its walls have seen a lot, including good, but bad, fight, death during World War II. The Jewish community in Hungary managed to survive the Holocaust, said Jákov Hadasz-Handelsman. On behalf of Israel, the ambassador thanked all those, primarily the Hungarian government, who helped restore the synagogue.
At the beginning of the handover ceremony, members of the community were carrying the Torah in a ceremonial procession from the Emánuel Memorial Park on Dohány Street to the synagogue on Sebestyén Street in Rumbach, and then placed it on the altar of the synagogue.
The ceremony was attended by Cardinal Péter Erdő, Archbishop of Esztergom-Budapest and Tamás Fabiny, President and Bishop of the Hungarian Lutheran Church, and János Fónagy, State Secretary for Parliamentary Affairs related to National Wealth, Gergely Karácsony, Mayor of Budapest, József Tóth, mayor of XIII. District of Budapest and Péter Niedermüller, Mayor of Erzsébetváros.
According to the description on mazsihisz.hu, the synagogue was built in 1872, and following the Jewish Congress of 1868, the contradictions between the Jewish trends in Hungary were standing behind its construction. Following the Congress, the Jews living in the country were divided into Orthodox, status quo ante, and progressive communities. Orthodox and status quo Jews did not accept the Dohány Street Synagogue as their own. In the spirit of competing with “Dohány,” the “Rumbach Synagogue” was born through the status quo community, based on the plans of the famous Viennese Art Nouveau architect Otto Wagner.
The Men’s Association of the Red Cross was founded in the Hungarian National Museum on 16 May, 1881. In association with the Hungarian National Women's Club for Relief, the next day it founded the predecessor of the Hungarian Red Cross, the Red Cross Association of the States of the Hungarian Holy Crown. On the occasion of this year’s round anniversary, a plaque was unveiled on the facade of the building. During the small ceremony, after the greeting of Dr. Zsigmond Göndöcs, President of the Hungarian Red Cross, Benedek Varga, Director General of the Hungarian National Museum, and István Kardos, Director General of the Hungarian Red Cross, unveiled the white marble plaque together. The ceremony ended with wreathing and the thoughts of Mrs Antal Fodor, dr, Vice-President of the Hungarian Red Cross.
The memorial plaque was made by LAKI Épületszobrász Zrt., as a donation to the Hungarian Red Cross, which was a great honour.
Source: Magyar Vöröskereszt Facebook
The former Buda Civil Casino reopens in the 1st district of Budapest as the Sándor Márai Cultural Centre: the community and cultural space has undergone a careful renovation worthy of its architectural values and past, its old and new functions. In addition to the architect-designer JASSÓ Építészműhely Kft. (Sándor Jassó and Adrienn Bársony), the plans of the interior designer este'r partners (Eszter Radnóczy) were realised by the LAKI Épületszobrász Zrt.
The building is of architectural significance; its most important spaces are the imposing first-floor saloon and the main staircase.
At the beginning of the planning, the inner yard, the saloon, the street facades only slightly reminded of the original patina of the building. In addition to the functions and modern expectations that serve the needs of the cultural centre, the preservation, respect and restoration of the existing values was an aspect throughout.
A wall examination had been carried out before construction began, during which it could be seen that during the 1946 renovation of the façade, the entire façade surface was completely re-plastered, so not any fragment of the original architecture remained. We know the original condition of the facade only from archive pictures and postcards. The former articulation of the facade on the Krisztina Square and Alagút Street, the destroyed corner tower, as well as the main staircase and the saloon have been restored on the basis of historical and archival research. Unfortunately, not enough sources were found for the complete reconstruction of the former detailed facade ornamentation.
From the beginning, it was important that the historic restoration of the building should be done at an authentically restorable level.
A new space was born by covering the patio, which became the central soul of the house, as essentially it connects the existing spaces. This space needed a rethinking in terms of interior design.
The surface of the modern central cores is formed by a printed patterned Kerlite covering, which provides a unique atmosphere to the corridors, as well as gives the courtyard exciting impacts and depths. As these surfaces are close to the visitors, their pattern is richer in details, it was possible to display the inner geometric stencil pattern in a more ornate way by modern technologies. Applied decorative art was part of the graphic design, it intertwines with the clear control system as a visual communication tool.
During the renovation, the building regained its pomp and solemnity. It can give space to art and culture again, it can become a worthy central meeting place for intellectual life. Spaces and spatial connections have been created that make the moment festive during the events. Be it a classical music concert, district festivities, balls, weddings, exhibitions and other art performances.
The Budavári Community Centre has recently left its headquarters, the Andrássy Palace. Soon its new home will be created at 1 Krisztina Square, which will soon open as the Sándor Márai Cultural Centre.
At the corner of the Krisztina Square, the former Buda Civil Casino was built in 1893 on the basis of the plans of Imre Francsek.
The house which was deprived of its tower and ornaments and which got into a neglected condition, has been returned the main original architectural elements (such as corner dome) and its credibly reconstructible decorations, but its facade is reborn in a simpler form without any decorations. The imposing saloon on the first floor and the main staircase have also been renewed and the inner courtyard has been covered to gain more space to the cultural centre moving into the building.
According to the plans, the renewed building will be waiting for visitors in its original splendour, but with architectural and technical facilities which meet the requirements of the XXI. century. The cultural institution will be suitable to organize community programs, classical and popular music concerts, theatrical performances and exhibitions. In the building of the Krisztina Square, the technical test runs, with full load, so the lights are on day and night.